The Houston Holiday Parade Presented by H-E-B is a 63-year-old holiday tradition, showcasing the Houston community to more than 400,000 parade-goers lining the streets on Thanksgiving morning. In addition, nearly 2 million people view the parade via live broadcast on KHOU-TV (CBS affiliate) in Houston and syndication in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin and several other cities in the region.
TIME AND LOCATION
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 22, 2012
- Gates open at 7:00am
- Parade starts 9:00am
- Download the Parade Route Map here:
- Download the Seating Map here:
General admission to the parade is free and open to the public.
- Entrance Gates to the Reserved Seating Area open at 7:00am.
- The entrance gates close at 8:40am - NO LATE SEATING.
- Seating is first come first serve - there are no reserved seats.
- Please have your ticket ready to be scanned.
- Strollers are not allowed in the seating areas or bleachers.
- Pets are not allowed in the Reserved Seating Area.
- Chairs are not allowed in the Reserved Seating Area.
- Children must have a ticket unless they are sitting in an adult's lap. Seating is limited and this will be strictly enforced.
Easy access parking is available along the route.
Visit an interactive map to see other parking options that are convenient to your destination, a list of other major garages that support downtown events and also tips for making parking hassle-free. Metro buses will be running on holiday schedule. For route and schedule information, please visit Metro or call them at 713-635-4000.
Street closures for the parade route and surrounding streets will begin November 22nd at 7:00 a.m and will end about 11 a.m.
We continue to add to the list of television stations broadcasting the 63rd Annual Holiday Parade Presented by H-E-B through regional syndication. The parade will be broadcast live Thanksgiving morning on Channel 11, KHOU-TV, at 9:00 a.m., November 22nd in Houston with repeat coverage at 10:00 a.m.. Please check your local listings for broadcast dates and times and for additional broadcast stations. Click here for a full list.
I ordered my ticket online, how will I RECEIVE my ticket?
All tickets are e-tickets. Check your email inbox for your Order Confirmation from Eventbrite. Your e-tickets will be attached to your order confirmation email. Make sure to print them out and bring them to the event. Or go green and download the Eventbrite app on your smart phone! IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder.
Do I need to PRINT out my tickets?
Not necessarily. Feel free to print out your tickets and bring them to the event entrance. Or go green and download the Eventbrite app on your smart phone!
I bought two tickets, and they both have my name on them. Will this be a problem?
No. The name on your ticket does not matter. Just make sure the bar code on your ticket(s) are not damaged when you print them out. If you want to change the name on your order, click here.