Houston International Festival Kicks-off with World Cuisines, Newly Introduced Activities and Major Artists
In the first weekend, April 21- Saturday and April 22-Sunday, the 42nd annual Houston International Festival (HIF) spotlighting Argentina provided visitors with some of the best cuisine, activities and performing artists from around the world. The festival took place in the streets and plazas of Downtown Houston located in Sam Houston Park and Tranquility Park from 11:00 a.m.- 8:00 pm and will again April 28-29.
Over 40 food vendors were on-site to offer festival goers a smorgasbord of menus to choose from for lunch and/or dinner. Types of food include Caribbean, Mexican, Italian, Indian, Chinese and of course Argentine cuisine, just to name a few.
During both weekends, patrons can expect to see popular food vendors such as: The Original Marini's Empanada House, Cafe Japon, Phoenicia Specialty Foods, Cupcakes & More, Lucia's Especialidades Argentina, Tango & Malbec, Caribbean Cuisine, Crepe Crazy, Kim Son Restaurant, Vivian's Kitchen , Mi Pueblito & B's Roasted Corn, to name a few.
INAUGURAL ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
During the festival, there will be a variety of fun and entertainment for adults and children which include:
- Eternal Tango: On Saturday, April 21 Hector Del Curto Orchestra and Dancers will perform "Eternal Tango" ushering in the splendid sounds of South American music combined with lush dance.
- The Chevron Argentina Living Museum: The Chevron Argentina Living Museum will provide a journey through the arts, culture and history of Argentina. Specific highlights for the Living Museum include a Cave of the Hands, Obelisk of Buenos Aires, an authentic street cafe and more!
- Green Mountain Energy Kids World: We're introducing Green Mountain Energy Kid's World, which will be near the Living Museum and features local, non-profit groups providing a fun, children's craft environment.
- Village Green: We're excited to announce "Village Green," a designated area of upper Sam Houston Park featuring recycled crafts and locally produced goods and concessions.
TOP MUSICAL ACTS
Some of the top acts that performed this weekend included Los Amigos Invisibles, Los Lonely Boys, Bomba Chica, JJ Grey and MOFRO, Galactic feat. Corey Glover and Corey Henry, Hector Del Curto Tango, Tidal Waves, Espantapajaros, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit and Elijuri!
FESTIVAL HOURS & ADMISSION
The Festival will take place two weekends, April 21-22 & April 28-29, 11a.m. - 8p.m.
Tickets are now on sale at the festival website, www.ifest.org.
- Adults $15 online and $18 at the door.
- Children $5 (ages 3-12), Free for children under 3 years old.
- Discount pricing for early birds, groups, and VIP tickets will be available online.